Installing a new sink for your kitchen is one of the best home improvements that you can do to make your kitchen looks nice and beautiful. There are several things that you need to consider before installing a new kitchen sink. In this article, there are some tips for you to install new kitchen sink in your house.
1. First, you need to know that it is easier to set up the sink strainers and the kitchen faucet before setting up the sink on the counter. By doing so, you can install the faucet easily. After setting up all of the sink hardware, you can set up the rest of them easily.
2. You need to double check to see if the sink fits to the hole or not. Try to set the sink in place. Make sure that the sink covers up all holes on the walls. You need to give an overlap of 0.5 inches all the way around your sink. Then, you can continue with the installation.
3. Do not forget to apply silicone or caulking around the rink of the sink hole. Try to put enough amount of silicone or caulking because it will be very difficult to add silicone or caulking material, once the sink is installed. Do not put excessive amount of caulking or silicone. You need to wipe off any of the excessive amount of silicone or caulking material. The caulking material is usually used by some people to seal the gap between the sink and the counter. The purpose of using this material is to prevent any water leakage from the cabinet.
4. Do not forget to set up the sink in place. This step is important. Therefore, you need high precision in order to install a new sink on the right place. Make sure that there is no gap between the sink and the wall.
5. After those conditions, you need to set up the clamps. Clamps usually hook onto the groves on your sink. Make sure that you tighten them to the plywood on the counter top. You need to ensure that the clamps can't move easily. This step is very important in order to maintain the stability of the sink itself. Many experts believe that this step is very important in the plumbing works. You can check the stability of the sink by checking every couple of clamps in order to ensure that the sink can't move easily.
6. The installing of new kitchen sink is almost done. Lastly, try to wipe away and remove any of extra caulking by using wet sponge or rag. Try to wipe all of them evenly. It is important in order to keep the kitchen sink clear and clean. Always make sure that the caulking lines look even, nice, and not overflowing. You need to dry the caulking thoroughly before getting water on the counter.
Those are several tips that you can use in order to install a new sink in your kitchen. Always consider all positive or negative things of the new sinks before deciding to buy one of them.